An in depth programme aimed at young people who are struggling with one or more areas of their life.
This could be young people who are at risk of, or who are excluded from school, those who are struggling in foster or residential care, or those who are at risk of, or involved with, anti-social behaviour. Sessions include ridden and non-ridden equine activities, as well as creative classroom based activities. Measured against objectives specific to the young person so that the impact of the programme can be fully evidenced.
Over 12 sessions some topics covered include:
- Brain development and how the brain reacts when horses and humans feel calm or stressed
- Reasons why horses and people feel different emotions
- Strategies to calm ourselves and horses when feeling big emotions
- How to develop a trusting relationship between human and horse
- Giving and receiving feedback
12 x 90 minute sessions. Appropriate levels of staffing are required to stay with the young person and join in with activities at all times. Suitable for all young people aged between 8 and 18. All staff hold fully enhanced DBS checks and appropriate insurance and qualifications are in place. For more detailed information about the programme please contact us